Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Thunderstorm Update

Before the storm that just passed through Edmonton we had already received 27mm (~1.1 inches) of rain up until noon. When Men's League was cancelled at 2:45 I left as the course was closed for the remainder of the day. I could tell from the radar we were in for some nasty weather but I had no idea how bad until I ran into the storm on Calgary Trail.

Needless to say the course is flooded, as expected when faced with so much rain in a short period. I don't have any pictures to post but the Golf Shop has texted me some views of #9. At one point the green was completely covered in water which for one of the fastest draining greens on the property really says something. The open area in the rough short and left of the green is a lake.

This all leads up to Thursday. From past experience I think it is safe to say that play will be delayed tomorrow and the use of power carts will be halted for the day. Of course we will know more in the morning. Stay tuned but expect closures. For how long I don't know.

We've been through this plenty over the last 2 summers so we'll break out the pumps and begin the cleanup first thing. Lets hope this is it for the evening.

Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment