Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ski Trail Do's And Dont's

Its that time of year again for all of the nordic nomads. Mary Young and I went out today and laid down a trail for the season. I then went out and set the tracks. There isn't enough snow for a good track as the grass was exposed in many areas however I needed to get out there to discourage skiers from setting their own trails where I don't want them on the course.

Do:
  • Enjoy the trail and the scenery.
  • Give me feedback.
  • Take pictures.
Don't:
  • Get stranded (bring a cell phone if you have it).
  • Ski on or close to greens and tees!!! Damage to turf may occur on these sensitive areas. Ice can form from a ski trail or footprints on greens and tees. Even the animals walking across greens at this time of year can cause ice formation.

Thanks for your consideration in this matter.

Wade P.

No comments:

Post a Comment