Sunday, June 5, 2011

On The Course This Week- June 6th to the 10th

The only thing going on the course Monday will be about 60 sponsor signs, 4 hole-in-one cars, hospitality holes and a lot of golfers hopefully enjoying a nice, sunny day for the Make A Wish Tournament.

Now for the rest of the week:


  • The entire course is scheduled for granular fertilization. Shouldn't be of any inconvenience to the membership.
  • Continued spraying of weeds. You might notice the knottweed fading on the 13th and 18th fairways. They were first treated about a week ago. Hopefully we will be finished spraying (round 1 anyway) by the end of next week. I only do a couple of holes/day first thing in the morning until golfers arrive on the scene.
  • Tees and approaches will be verticut and topdressed on Wednesday and Thursday. Some problem tees may be aerated as well. Again, little or no inconvenience to you. Although if you are out ahead of the first scheduled tee time you will run into the grounds crew.
  • Continued sand/seed on on the small spots on greens 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8. As well we will get that patch on 15 green fixed as I have been promising for awhile now. 
  • Now that the sod is taking hold we will be aerating and overseeding the walk off area between the first green and the second tee and the large zone between the end of the second fairway and the front of the second green. Our plan is to be able to mow this zone to fairway and approach height as the summer progresses. 
  • Top off the lakes as the liners are showing again.

Before I end this blog I would like to thank my staff for the effort they have put in over the month of May. They have come a long way in a short time. Is everything perfect? Nope. It never is but we are making good progress and they will be seasoned vets in no time. Eric, my assistant, deserves a special thank you from me. He works tirelessly and calmly during some "stormy weather". Builds character :)
Maureen's planting (with the help of all the girls on my staff) looks great and in a few short weeks we will see the flourish and color of all their work. 

That leads me to the topic of my next blog. I will be discussing my irrigation practices and why that deep, lush green color we all long for (including me sometimes) isn't always a good thing. Should be interesting.

Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment